RESEARCH AND LEARNING
Samajam was the first to set up a Padanalayam, a college to the public for studies in Ayurveda with a mind to create genuine physicians.In the early days of its establishment, there was no much facility for the ordinary people to attain knowledge on Ayurveda. The Samajam pioneered the way for imparting institutional training to the common man. With a strong faculty of Ashtavaidyas, Traditional vaidyas and Allopathy Doctors Samajam set up the first ever Ayurveda Medical College under the directions of the Zamorin..
To attain the Center of Excellence in Indian Medicine (Ayurveda) the college has already established an Academic Research & Information Center (ARIC). A research work is under progress on Autism Spectrum Disorders under the expert panel of doctors, which attract patients even from outside the country. Research section has been started on side effects of diabetes, stress and strain management also..
POOMULLI NEELAKANDAN NAMBOODIRIPPADU MEMORIAL AYURVEDA MEDICAL COLLEGE
It was long cherished dream of Poomulli Neelakandan Namboodirippadu (AaramThampuran) to establish a learning center par excellence incorporating various streams of Indian healing systems as well as philosophy on the bank of the river Nila (Bharathapuzha) where Ayurveda could be taught to the global level.
The dream turned into reality by the immense effort of Sri.M.Muraleedharan, founder secretary of PNNM Ayurveda Medical College, when the institution was jointly begun in the year 2007 by Keralaeeya Ayurveda Samajam and with the blessings of His Holiness Jagadgurru Bharati Tirtha Mahaswamigal of Sri SriJagadguru Shankaracharya Mahasamsthanam, DakshinamnayaSriSharadsaPaatham, Sringeri, Karnataka.
PadmasreeDr.VRGowrisankar is the Chairman of the College. The college has been recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) and affiliated to the University of Calicut and to the Kerala University of Health & Allied Sciences, Thrissur from the year 2010
Research Advisory Board
- Dr.B. M. Hegde MD, FAMS, FRCP (London), FRCP (Glasg) FRCP (Edinb.), FACC (USA) Chief Advisor Modern.
- Dr.D. M. Vasudevan MD, FRCP (Former Principal, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi)
- Ashtavaidyan Thaikkatt Divakaran Mooss
- Sr.M.GangadharanVaidyar (BalaChikitsa)
- Sri.Avanapparambu Maheswaran Namboodiripad (VishaChikitsa)
- Dr.P. K.Sankarankutty MD (Ay) Former DAME)
- Dr.K. P.Muralidharan BAM (Former Principal, AVP College, Coimbatore)
- Dr.Sr.Donata MD (Ay)
- Dr.V.Anandamohan MD, DGO
- Dr.V. P.Gopinathan (Pathology)
- Dr.K. Sasidharan MD (Ay)
- Ashtavaidyan Vaidymadam Rishikumaran Namboodiri
- Dr.M. P. EeswraSarma MD (Ay)
- Dr.Jathavedan Namboodiri(Modern Psych)
- Dr.Meena Menon Phd(Clinical Psychologist)
- Dr.Dinesh MD (Ay)
- Sri.Kanippayyur Krishnan Nambidiripad (VasthuSasthra)
- Sri.KSRavunniPanikker (Jyoti Sasthra)
- Chittoor Narayana Namboodiripad (Darsanam and Meemamsa)